24.8.12

How does the Apple iTunes web site launch the iTunes application on my computer when I click the blue "Launch iTunes" button? - Stack Overflow

How does the Apple iTunes web site launch the iTunes application on my computer when I click the blue "Launch iTunes" button? - Stack Overflow


Simple.

<a href="itunes:///">Open iTunes</a>

Most apps now-a-days have "Custom URL Schemes" For Example - Coda (http://panic.com/coda) you can add snippets of code via:

<a href="codaclips:///<<**Title:NAME**>>blabla">Add Clip</a>
 
share|improve this answer


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



How can I write a link in html to open itunes in Mac? What actually I want to do is when someone clicks on a link in my website , it should open itunes?


Here is such a link:

<a href="itms://ax.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/
wa/viewSoftware?id=307538288">Tap 'n' Pop Classic</a>

This will work only if the website visitor has iTunes installed on his machine.
share|improve this answer