- It can take forever to upload the photos and often have to deal with timeouts.
- Folks I share to will sometimes need to create an account just to view my photos.
- Family or friends wanting to print pictures will have to do so with a low-res file that’s optimized for display.
- If the photo site goes under or merges with another, I’m left without my albums.
Here’s how to get started.
Step 1: Enable ReadyNAS Photos service from FrontViewSimply activate ReadyNAS Photos from the FrontView management interface (the option is in the Services/Installed Addons tab). Please make sure you have a Pictures folder in your media share. This is there by default on installation, but if you’ve deleted the share or folder, you’ll need to recreate it.
Step 2: Install ReadyNAS Photos softwareClick Install ReadyNAS Photos button to install the ReadyNAS Photos software on your PC, Mac, or Linux.
Step 3: Create a ReadyNAS Photos user ID and log inThen click on the Sign Up link to create a ReadyNAS Photos user ID.
Step 4: Connect ReadyNAS Photos to your ReadyNASIt’ll list your ReadyNAS unit in the Discovered list. Click on the ReadyNAS icon, and click Connect.
Step 5: Import your album folders
You’ll see the initial screen telling you to add your album. Click on the link to start importing your album folder from your computer.
Step 6: Rotate photos in the right directionIn case we have some photos we need to rotate, this can easily be done within ReadyNAS Photos. Simply click on the Album cover to get into the Thumbnail view and click on the picture you would like to rotate.
Step 7: Share the album!Now we’re ready to share the album. Click on the Share button to bring up the Share Dialog.
The recipient receives a Slideshow and an Album link. A slideshow would look like the following:
Viewers are able to view also in Strip view mode where clicking on the central image brings up the full resolution of the picture where it can be saved and printed locally.
- If you are getting “Error: Unable to copy file: Access is denied.” errors in the log, try removing the read-only attribute on the file causing the error.