24.5.13

Confused about how posting something on G+ works - Google Groups

Confused about how posting something on G+ works - Google Groups

Confused about how posting something on G+ works
2 posts by 2 authors



Tom Wade

May 17

I just started re-using Google+ after getting excited about I/O.

I made some photo albums and shared them with circles (about 150 people total) and then I got a bunch of people saying they received emails that I had shared the album with them. I did NOT check this box.

I was under the impression that the "share with circles" was like privacy settings for every submission, not some direct sharing where people receive notifications for every thing you do.

My brother even says he received text messages with notifications.

Is this how it's supposed to work? How do I just post content in a facebook-like manner so that people just see stuff if they're browsing G+ and don't get notified about absolutely everything I post when selecting specific circles?
Click here to Reply


John Deman NuTop Contributor

May 17

Hi Tom. If you did not select the option to send an email, the problem is at their ends. Google+ users can control what types of events they get notified for and how those notifications are delivered in the Notifications section of Google+ Settings for their own accounts. Nothing you could do can override their settings.