7.8.11

Touchpad Sensitivity Appauling: Apple Support Communities

Touchpad Sensitivity Appauling: Apple Support Communities

Jul 28, 2011 2:45 PM
Hi All,
Brand new MacBook Air, 13" i5, 256 SSD, 4GB (Samsung thankfully!), running Lion.
The sensitivity of the built in multi-touch pad seems to be very sporadic. Sometimes the slightest touch on the pad will trigger a click, which is what I am used to on my old MacBook Pro and other times, within a few seconds of the ultra sensitive instance, I can sit there tap the pad 6 or so times before the click is actually acknowledged.
This is very frustrating especially when working away from a desk/mouse/keyboard. In addition to the click feedback, I have also noticed that when tracking the cursor across the screen, it pointer will occasional just stop, then it will catch up again a few seconds later. It is almost like the touch-pad is loosing connection or the software for the touch-pad is have delays processing my input.
I have tried changing the universal settings to slow for double click, as a few other folks have suggested, but it does not seem to make any difference.
This coupled with the fact I've 8 Kernel panics in the past 24 hours, I'm starting to get a little irritated,
Has anyone had any similar experiences with their new Airs running Lion and if so, any tips on what might be going on or how I might be able to fix the issue?
Thanks in advance,
Mitch