YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
YouTube HTML5 Video Player
This is an opt-in trial of HTML5 video on YouTube. If you are using a supported browser, you can choose to use the HTML5 player instead of the Flash player for most videos. Your comments will help us improve and perfect the mixtures we're working on. So jump in, play around, and send your feedback
directly to the brains behind the scenes.
We support browsers that support both the video tag in HTML5 and either the h.264 video codec or the WebM
format (with VP8 codec). These include:
- Fullscreen support is partially implemented. Pressing the fullscreen button will expand the player to fill your browser. If your browser supports a fullscreen option, you can then use that to truly fill the screen
- If you want to find videos with WebM formats available, you can use the Advanced Search options to look for them (or just add &webm=1 to any search URL)
Additional Restrictions (we are working on these!)
- Videos with ads are not supported (they will play in the Flash player)
- On Firefox and Opera, only videos with WebM transcodes will play in HTML5
- If you've opted in to other testtube experiments, you may not get the HTML5 player (Feather is supported, though)
What does my browser support?
You are not currently in the HTML5 trial.