8.11.12

New Vimeo.com Not Working with Firefox 13 on Vimeo

New Vimeo.com Not Working with Firefox 13 on Vimeo


Vimeo Staff Staff locked this topic on Aug 10, 2012 because because of inactivity.
SameFly
SameFly
I had firefox 12 and videos here were not playing. I was able to watch video with original version of the vimeo site but can't with new vimeo site. I upgraded to Firefox 13 and still not able to get videos here to play. There is a screen shot of the video but I can't click play. I'm able to watch vimeo videos that are embedded on other sites (such as the vimeo facebook and tumblr pages) but not here at vimeo.com.
I'm also not able to start a new topic here in the help section using firefox. Some kind of java problem: "javascript:void(0)" (I'm currently using safari to post this but I would prefer using firefox) Java is working fine on all other sites though.

I don't have flash blocker (checked repeatedly), java is enabled, cleared cache & cookies, all plug ins are updated, and my firefox about:config "dom.ipc.plugins.enabled" is set to true (which was a fix in older version of firefox), restarted, etc etc.

Any help?
Mark
Mark Staff
Please try disabling all plug-ins and add-ons.
Chris Jay
Chris Jay
Same here - even updated to FF 14 beta - still nothing plays on Vimeo. All plugins are up to date. The videos were playing fine 2 days ago. I'm tempted to take all my vids off Vimeo and put them on Youtube as all my vids are linked from my website.
Emily Garrett
Emily Garrett PRO
Sorry for the trouble! There is an issue with the new Firefox versions and Flash 11. As a temporary fix, you can downgrade to Flash 10.3 in the mean time while we work on this.
Images de danse
Images de danse
Same issue here with FF13.0.1... Was working fine though until about 30 min ago :-/
gavinbjames
gavinbjames Plus
having same problem.
vimeo vids are have huge stuttering issue with new firefox.
any updates on this?
Mark
Mark Staff
Please see Ian's advice regarding downgrading above.
gavinbjames
gavinbjames Plus
Im less concerned with my own ability to view and more concerned with others. i use vimeo for professional purposes and have no control over colleagues who have updated to firefox and are having troubles viewing. will there be an inevitable solution to this on horizon?
Emily Garrett
Emily Garrett PRO
This will most likely be fixed with subsequent updates of Firefox and/or Flash player. Since they update frequently it should be resolved soon.
Emily Garrett
Emily Garrett PRO
Sorry about that! Firefox 14 is working for us on this end. Please try updating your Flash player also.
majiin
majiin
Thanks for fast response. I am using latest version of Flash currently avaliable on my platform - 11.2.202.236 (Linux). I guess there is a bug somewhere between Firefox and that particular Flash version, because on Opera everything works fine. I will wait for FF or Flash update then.
Ian Durkin
Ian Durkin Staff
Sounds good. Sorry for the inconvenience.